Steel Authority of India (SAIL) has issued a call for applications for the role of Director-in-Charge at its Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL). Interested and eligible candidates are invited to submit their applications by September 18. This position has been vacant since June 1, 2023. Last date for nodal officers to forward applications to PESB was 27, September, 2023.
The Director-in-Charge of the Bokaro Steel Plant is a key member of the Board of Directors and directly reports to the Chairman. In this capacity, the appointee assumes overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the Bokaro Steel Plant and the associated mines. Their primary objectives include achieving corporate goals and performance metrics. Additionally, the Director-in-Charge will oversee project execution at the plant and related mines, as well as the marketing and sales of products originating from these facilities.
Job Details and Requirements
Salary Range: The position offers a competitive pay scale ranging from Rs 1,80,000 to Rs 3,40,000 (IDA).
Age Criteria: Applicants must meet a minimum age requirement of 45 years, with a superannuation age of 60 years.
Minimum Service Requirement: Internal candidates should have served in the eligible scale for a minimum of one year, while external candidates must have at least two years of service in the eligible scale as of the vacancy date.
Applicants must hold regular employment status at the time of application and interview. This excludes contractual or ad-hoc employment. Eligible categories include:
– Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE), including full-time functional Directors on CPSE Boards.
– Central Government Group ‘A’ Officers, including Armed Forces personnel, All India Services officers, and officers from Public Sector Banks, Financial Institutions, Autonomous Bodies, etc.
– State Public Sector Enterprises (SPSE) with an annual turnover of Rs 10,000 crore or more.
– Private sector companies with an annual turnover of Rs 10,000 crore or more. Preference will be given to candidates from listed companies.
Applicants should possess an engineering degree with a strong academic record from a recognized university or institution. Those with an MBA or PGDM will be given preference.
Applicants should have substantial technical and operational experience at a senior management level in a reputable large organization. Of this experience, a minimum of five years within the last decade should be in the Steel Sector.
– Government Group ‘A’ officers should hold a post at the level of Joint Secretary in the Government of India or have an equivalent pay scale on a substantive basis at the time of application.
– Applicants from Public Sector Banks/Financial Institutions should hold a Board-level position or a position immediately below the Board level for at least one year at the time of application.
– Armed Forces applicants should hold a rank equivalent to Major General in the Army or an equivalent rank in the Navy/Air Force at the time of application.
– Applicants from State Public Sector Enterprises/Private Sector should be working at a Board-level position or at least a position immediately below the Board level at the time of application.
The appointment for this role will be for a five-year term from the date of joining, up to the date of superannuation, or until further orders are issued, whichever comes first.